OA : 98.30
VARC: 96.40
DILR: 97.27
QA: 96.21
GEM, Fresher
X: CGPA 10
XII: 97.1
GRAD: 81.20
Will this suffice to fetch me calls from NITIE Mumbai and the new iims? And if do manage to get them, will it be wise to join them or should I contemplate a retake for the oldies?
Thanks in advance.
OA : 98.30
VARC: 96.40
DILR: 97.27
QA: 96.21
GEM, Fresher
X: CGPA 10
XII: 97.1
GRAD: 81.20
Will this suffice to fetch me calls from NITIE Mumbai and the new iims? And if do manage to get them, will it be wise to join them or should I contemplate a retake for the oldies?
Thanks in advance.
Will this suffice to fetch me calls from NITIE Mumbai and the new iims? --- ABSOLUTELY!
will it be wise to join them or should I contemplate a retake for the oldies? --- Depends. What is your career plan?
You can also apply to IIT Mumbai, IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, IIT Kgp, IIT Roorkee. Outcomes are good.
What other b-schools have you applied to?
All the best!
Thanks for the reply.
I'm yet to graduate and I do have a job offer. I've always wanted an old Iim as everyone does. So was wondering if it would be wise to work for a couple of years and give cat a shot or to go for whatever I get this time. Was just skeptical about the new iims.
I have just applied for nitie other than the iims.
So far as iits are concerned, I haven't applied and frankly I don't have any plans of joining them. Do they match up to the iims?
Thanks for the reply.
I'm yet to graduate and I do have a job offer. I've always wanted an old Iim as everyone does. So was wondering if it would be wise to work for a couple of years and give cat a shot or to go for whatever I get this time. Was just skeptical about the new iims.
I have just applied for nitie other than the iims.
So far as iits are concerned, I haven't applied and frankly I don't have any plans of joining them. Do they match up to the iims?
Anurag,
"I do have a job offer" -- Congratulations!
"old Iim as everyone does" -- True that. However, reputation is built over time with consistent performance. Some of the new IIMs are delivering good performance. Yes, brand name is (may be) important as you start your career, but there after it is your performance that matters.
"was wondering if it would be wise to work for a couple of years and give cat a shot or to go for whatever I get this time" -- then why settle only for IIMs? Why not HBS? Wharton? Kellogg? Stanford? INSEAD?
Acquiring meaningful work experience certainly will bolster your profile, and also chance of success in top b-schools that are interested in your overall profile, and not just test score. Think about it.
"Was just skeptical about the new iims." -- Yes, a bit is fine. Location is pretty much to be blamed for it. Rohtak, Raipur, Ranchi and Trichy are still okay on that count. IIM Shillong is doing good, however.
IIT Bombay is good. Good outcomes.
I'd say, apply -- for the sake of interacting with some of these b-schools if nothing. You may come to know about their culture / aspiration / classmates while interviewing with them and then you can decide. If you like any of them, you may join. If not, what is your loss except for a few thousand rupees?
What all calls do you have so far?
All the best!
None. Was expecting one from Indore, courtesy my acads. But didn't. So I'm sort of looking forward to getting a few from the new iims and nitie as well. I haven't applied to anything but these. Now that you've said IITB is worth considering, I shall contemplate it.